HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Woodstock Model
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:55 am 

Hello!
Wondering if there are any woodstock owners out there? Particularly with the open concept floor plan?
Also does anyone know if this is a new model? Took a drive around phase 17 and didn't see any of them.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Woodstock Model
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:53 pm 

Hi there,

We've purchased a Woodstock in the South Village Phase 1 and got the open living plan with a pocket office. Have you purchased one as well?

There are three Woodstocks being built right now in Phase 17, there is a Tudor, English Manor and French Chateau. They are on the far west end, not sure of the street names though sorry. But they are there for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:43 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

Yes, we just purchased one in the most recent release! Exact same layout as you. Open concept with the pocket office.

Do you like the layout? How does the high level opening for the pocket office look?

Interested to see a Woodstock already built.

Lastly, did you buy chance upgrade the hardwood on the main floor? I'm curious to know the cost to upgrade from the standard hardwood.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:19 pm 

I just realized you said that you were HSV phase 1... So you won't be able to answer my questions!

But I'll go drive by phase 17 and try to find the woodstocks you mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:28 pm 

Im not sure how the layout feels but I can give you prices. To upgrade one level for the hardwood its $5153 the landing upstairs is $1042 Std wood and $1426 to upgrade.

Let me know if you'd like any other prices. We have a deaign appt. Tomorrow morning and hope to get a few things regarding the layout changed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:53 pm 

Good luck with your design appointment tomorrow. I can't wait until we get out design book, but we don't close until next may so I anticipate it will be a few months until we get the book.

If you wouldn't mind could you give me the hardwood floor upgrade cost for the subsequent levels for both main floor and upper landing? And the price to have double sinks in the main bath?

If you don't mind sharing... What are you requesting to have changed on the layout?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:21 pm 

Here are the hardwood upgrades. I forgot the office last time and that is $643 for Group 2

Group 3 - Office $804 Main Floor $6,454 & Upper Hall $1,640
Group 4 - Office $964 Main Floor $7,756 & Upper Hall $1,855
Group 5 - Office $1,088 Main Floor $8,761 & Upper Hall $2,020

We wanted to see if we could delete the high level opening to the office and just leave it open. Nope. We also wanted one large walkin closet in the master but you can't do that either. We have to keep two side-by-side walkins. Seemed like small changes but you can't change a thing sadly.

Oh and something that wasn't in the design book was smooth ceilings on the second floor. That is available and it's $3100.

The double sinks in the main bath are $1000 roughly, just a pinch under I think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:47 pm 

Awesome thank you so much!

Hope your design appointment was successful. I am going to go check out the design centre this weekend.

Anxious to see all the options.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:21 pm 

Went to check out the design centre today. Apparently our design books won't be ready until August. Which isn't great, if your trying to plan/budget for your upgrades?

How long did you have to wait for your design book? I wonder if there is anyone in phase 17 who wouldn't need there's anymore? Just for me to get a ball park figure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:50 pm 

Hi,
Can anybody provide location details of Woodstock-French Chateau model in Phase 17?
I spent some time driving around that area and could not locate this model.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:19 pm 

jerrypantony wrote:
Hi,
Can anybody provide location details of Woodstock-French Chateau model in Phase 17?
I spent some time driving around that area and could not locate this model.

There are three Woodstocks on Langholm St. They are on the far west end of Phase 17 with the other 36 ft lots. Some of the houses are being bricked so maybe it was covered, but they are indeed there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:34 pm 

Thanks hjk1, I will make another visit and try to locate this ..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:22 pm 

Hi HjK1,

We have our design appointment in a few weeks. Since we have the same model,
I was wondering if there is anything the you upgraded or changed that wasn't it in the book that I should ask for?

Just trying to cover all of our bases and not miss anything.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:07 am 

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Hi HjK1,

I was wondering if there is anything the you upgraded or changed that wasn't it in the book that I should ask for?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm trying to remember everything, one of the things they didn't tell us but we knew from our neighbour was that instead of having a fixed light outside at the front door you can get a hanging light. It looks really nice. no charge for that.

I'm not sure which kitchen layout you have but you can upgrade the pantry door - they have a really nice 3/4 glass one but it's $800 (I priced it at $400 at home depot - special order) It's called Single 96" Interior french door.

For our kitchen layout you can have seating for two on the side of the island. We didn't want six chairs at the island so we extended the base of the island and added drawers.

added an extra exterior light at the back door.

added "quiet walls" around the laundry room - hope it actually makes a difference, probably not lol

We took out the door from bedroom 3 to the bathroom. $187

Added shower pot light in second bathroom $309

I can't think of anything else that wasn't in the book. We asked what other options there were that we didn't think of or suggestions of what other ppl have done and got nothing. I wasn't sure of the cabinet/floor tile combos I picked so I asked what a popular choice was, or what she suggested and was told we picked what everyone picks. I find that hard to believe. She wasn't interested in helping us chose anything. Good luck, and don't let them push you out the door. You can always make a second appointment (something that wasn't offered to us) if you aren't able to finish up.

Hope you have a great experience.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:37 pm 

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Hi HjK1,

Thanks!

I have a different model, but someone posted in the forums the following add-ons, which I found helpful:

*relocate existing hose bib to front of garage
* Add an extra hose bib near the front of your home, this enables watering the front gardens with ease also gives you and extra bib to set up a sprinkler system.
* Delete front door light and install a pot light, gives an even overall light and makes it easy to add more pot lights to front porch after close.
* Install extra light box over soaker tub, in master en suit, this is to hang small chandelier. Add an extra switch so you can dim it.
*Add lights in coat closets
*Delete bulk heads
*Delete 3" lip on regular counter top, this allows you to install back splash flush with counter top.
*Extra lighting Mattamy never puts enough lights.
*Do gas line for BBQ after close, this enables you to chose the location. Sometimes the builder puts it in awkward places for patio's.
*Two extra outside light on back of house
*Add wall outlet that will turn lamps on beside lamps and another switch to turn the lamps off above nite stands.
*Add wall outlets where your family room lamps would be with additional switch to turn on lamps. This allows lamps to be turned on when entering/exiting the room
* be sure the chandelier socket is re-enforced if you are planing to install a heavy one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next