HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pre-Construction Meeting
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:06 pm 

...anybody else get a "Pre-construction meeting" email?

"This is a great opportunity to go through your options, extras and architect choice options and ask any construction related questions before the construction on your home begins. The appointment will take approximately 20 minutes and will be hosted out of the construction trailer on Farmstead Drive and English Mill Court."

I would have to take time off work to go, has anyone been to one? Is it worth it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:46 pm 

sids wrote:

"This is a great opportunity to go through your options, extras and architect choice options and ask any construction related questions before the construction on your home begins. The appointment will take approximately 20 minutes and will be hosted out of the construction trailer on Farmstead Drive and English Mill Court."

I would have to take time off work to go, has anyone been to one? Is it worth it?

I would definitley make time for that, love doing anything that is giving this whole exciting time more attenton. That being said it is easy for me to take my lucnh as I work in town.

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:01 pm 

I agree with rosaj2! Also, I bet this is a great opportunity to meet your builder in case you have any issues in the future that you need to call them about.

rosaj2 wrote:
sids wrote:

I would definitley make time for that, love doing anything that is giving this whole exciting time more attenton. That being said it is easy for me to take my lucnh as I work in town.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:52 pm 

What are the hours that this meeting can be done at?
Thx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:02 am 

The email from your coordinator should specify the appointment times. The meeting is with the specifc builder who will be working on your lot. The options I was given were all weekdays from 9 to 4.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:51 am 

Hi Sids, I got the Mattamy U invite through mail but did. It get a pre construction invite. What phase are you, and when is your closing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:12 am 

Phase 1 - My close was originally October 14th, now February 15th

I will be attending the Oct 8 Mattamy Uni. event.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:43 pm 

Hi! Any ideas what questions to ask on the meeting?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:58 am 

Alexjoaquin wrote:

Our builder took the time to confirm our Architect's Choice Options, design upgrades, and colours.

We also asked about the "street furniture" in the vicinity of our lot, the location of our sump pump, if our home will have a garage entry, whether there are any changes to the architectural drawings (for whatever reason), and if the construction is on schedule.

Our builder also took us to our lot and showed us around a little bit. It's interesting to see all the work being done on/around your lot, especially if you haven't had a chance to visit the construction site yourself! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:44 pm 

treblave wrote:
Alexjoaquin wrote:

Our builder took the time to confirm our Architect's Choice Options, design upgrades, and colours.

We also asked about the "street furniture" in the vicinity of our lot, the location of our sump pump, if our home will have a garage entry, whether there are any changes to the architectural drawings (for whatever reason), and if the construction is on schedule.

Our builder also took us to our lot and showed us around a little bit. It's interesting to see all the work being done on/around your lot, especially if you haven't had a chance to visit the construction site yourself! :wink:

We were told by Colette to ask at the pre-construction meeting about our bulkheads :?

We are unable to remove our bulkheads but we have seen a house for sale like ours with NO bulkheads.

HSV / Phase 6
Hawkesbury / English Manor
Closing August 2017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:28 pm 

k_moreira2017 wrote:
We were told by Colette to ask at the pre-construction meeting about our bulkheads :?

We are unable to remove our bulkheads but we have seen a house for sale like ours with NO bulkheads.

We put no bulkheads in the kitchen on our agreement at the design appt., but I've seen several people complain on here that they asked for no bulkheads but they got them anyway. I guess it just depends? I've seen several pics of my model online, and almost all of them have different bulkhead placement lol.

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:58 pm 

k_moreira2017 wrote:

Oh yes, we did find out about that! Our builder thought it was funny that we asked... Apparently, the Design Consultant is the one who would/should have told us if we are unable to have our bulkheads removed.