HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Orr Terrace - HSV
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:18 pm 

Welcome, SabinaZ!

There's a ton of great information on the forum and such wonderful and helpful people should you have any questions.

My husband and I had our Design Centre appointment yesterday which went very well. We're really looking forward to seeing it all come together (interior, exterior, look and feel of the community etc). It's hard not to be excited given that they've finally broke ground and have made significant progress!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:19 pm 

AshleyB! Have you received a MattamyU invite yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:32 pm 

No, nothing yet! Have you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:48 pm 

Ashley B wrote:
Welcome, SabinaZ!

There's a ton of great information on the forum and such wonderful and helpful people should you have any questions.

My husband and I had our Design Centre appointment yesterday which went very well. We're really looking forward to seeing it all come together (interior, exterior, look and feel of the community etc). It's hard not to be excited given that they've finally broke ground and have made significant progress!

I know this forum is great, I've been checking it all the time since we've moved to Milton a couple years ago and get lots of useful information but for some reason I never registered on it. I guess I've got overexcited yesterday when I got my invitation for Mattamy U and now I'm part of it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:03 pm 

No I didn't either... But SabinaZ did. So strange... What lot are you again? I'm 189.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:15 pm 

Lot 179, closing April 21.

I'll let you know when it comes in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 pm 

Just in - we received our Mattamy U invitation!

October 22 @ 6:30 pm.

Looking forward to meeting our neighbours!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:35 pm 

Woo hoo! I checked the mail... Nothing tonight. Hopefully we will get something this week.

I'll keep you posted :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:34 pm 

Quick update - my husband & I didn't attend the Mattamy U on Oct. 22. We were told that our construction crew hadn't been assigned to us so we're waiting for the next opportunity.

We visited the site on the weekend and Phase 2 is progressing! Has anyone received any new or interesting information about our street/neighbourhood?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:06 am 

Nothing new that I've heard yet.... The only thing I was told was that they wouldn't start digging our lot until the new year. So I took that as we will likely have a small delay, as it's not as easy to dig in the winter.

It's exciting to see everything progressing though! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:22 pm 

Lots of progress is being made on our street! But not for my lot... :(

I was wondering if anyone on Orr that's backing into the ravine has heard anything from our CSR about delays for the ravine lots. I know folks in phase 1 backing into the same ravine have been delayed until fall 2015 - which is over a year delay. Has anyone heard anything?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:42 pm 

My husband and I visited the site this afternoon and were blown away by the progress! I've started a group on Facebook, Hawthorne South Village - Phases 1 & 2, where we've posted a number of photos (easier than doing so here). There are a number of photos taken of Orr Terrace - feel free to join and share photos/progress from our street and community!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:17 pm 

That's awesome Ashley! I can't find the group on Facebook. Can you send the link?

Thanks!

Also, have you heard anything from our CSR about delays to our lot? As you are also a ravine lot, correct?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:42 pm 

Absolutely, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/191135104567401/

I haven't heard anything about any delays to the ravine lots on Orr. Lots 178, 177, 176 etc (the most northern homes on Orr) all have their foundations poured. It looks like 179, 180, 181 etc. should be next. Our home is scheduled to begin construction on December 26th. When we were there a few weeks ago, there was a massive mound of dirt on those lots - it's now mostly gone. Fingers crossed the weather stays decently warm and they can begin on time. We'll be going back frequently over the holidays and we'll be sure to keep posting any new photos we take.

If anyone isn't able to get to the site and has any requests for photos/specific lots on Orr (or otherwise), we can certainly try our best to snap a photo next time around.

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
That's awesome Ashley! I can't find the group on Facebook. Can you send the link?

Thanks!

Also, have you heard anything from our CSR about delays to our lot? As you are also a ravine lot, correct?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:58 pm 

Thanks for the addition to the group and for all the awesome photos! I really hope the ravine lots aren't too delayed either. Our lots are not far apart, so keep me posted if you hear anything about delays! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next