HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:51 pm 

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience with french chateau exterior included features. For example if we have a french chateau does that come with better door handles? or door colors?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:50 am 

Brick ,Stone and Stucco... and I believe a larger window in your front door. Door handles are the standard handles offered at the design centre.Colours are chosen by the architect you do not have a say in colours.

Renfrew Elevation "G" Hawthorne Village

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:23 pm 

I notice a FC near me had a metal roof on the front as well..not sure if that is an option or included

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:01 pm 

Ah ok thanks guys. Haha I was too hopeful. But Yeah I did notice the glazing at the front door is 3/4 instead of 1/2 and the door is dark. Hopefully the door handles are not too expensive. We have a sandcherry 36' model but it has never been built with stucco before so I have no idea what its gona be like. Very exciting!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 pm 

cranberyhill wrote:
Ah ok thanks guys. Haha I was too hopeful. But Yeah I did notice the glazing at the front door is 3/4 instead of 1/2 and the door is dark. Hopefully the door handles are not too expensive. We have a sandcherry 36' model but it has never been built with stucco before so I have no idea what its gona be like. Very exciting!

As stated above, the main difference is the exterior materials, the French Chateau uses stone, bricks and stucco, whereas, a cheaper elevation, like the Craftsman, uses brick and siding. The different elevations also have features unique to the elevation as well, like the style of the garage door, front door, window shape/size, window frames.. etc.

I personally love the look of the French Chateau but for the model we wanted, it was 15K out of our budget! You won't necessarily get the burgundy door colour shown on the Mattamy website for the Sandcherry.. but I think the rest of the house will look pretty similar to the architectural drawing, it might just vary in colour. Another user on here pointed out that the French Chateau seems to offer nicer and less variable exterior colour options.. which is a good point. It seems like most of them have grey stone and beige/taupe stucco.. whereas the other models have quite a few variations in colour. We got the Craftsman because we didn't like the two other elevations our house came in, and could not afford the FC.. but we have no idea what colours our house will be, i've only seen a few colour combos that I would really like. :shock:

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:07 am 

lalexa wrote:
cranberyhill wrote:

As stated above, the main difference is the exterior materials, the French Chateau uses stone, bricks and stucco, whereas, a cheaper elevation, like the Craftsman, uses brick and siding. The different elevations also have features unique to the elevation as well, like the style of the garage door, front door, window shape/size, window frames.. etc.

I personally love the look of the French Chateau but for the model we wanted, it was 15K out of our budget! You won't necessarily get the burgundy door colour shown on the Mattamy website for the Sandcherry.. but I think the rest of the house will look pretty similar to the architectural drawing, it might just vary in colour. Another user on here pointed out that the French Chateau seems to offer nicer and less variable exterior colour options.. which is a good point. It seems like most of them have grey stone and beige/taupe stucco.. whereas the other models have quite a few variations in colour. We got the Craftsman because we didn't like the two other elevations our house came in, and could not afford the FC.. but we have no idea what colours our house will be, i've only seen a few colour combos that I would really like. :shock:

I personally purchased the FC elevation and couldn't wait to find out what colour combination I will be getting. I reached out to Whitney, my CS rep at Mattamy, and she was able to send me the board with the colours the house will be. I'm sure if you email your rep, they will be able to tell you which colour pallet has been selected for your home. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:24 am 

rox272 wrote:
lalexa wrote:
cranberyhill wrote:

I personally purchased the FC elevation and couldn't wait to find out what colour combination I will be getting. I reached out to Whitney, my CS rep at Mattamy, and she was able to send me the board with the colours the house will be. I'm sure if you email your rep, they will be able to tell you which colour pallet has been selected for your home. :-)

REALLY!? Good to know! When i asked at my structural upgrade appointment the month after we purchased our house in Nov 2015, I asked when we could find out the colours, and the guy told us we wouldn't know for at least a year! How do you go about finding out who your CS rep is? We never got any sort of email confirmation to find out who it was, and it wasn't mentioned in our package of documents. I just assumed it was because we weren't closing until July 2017, that we wouldn't need a Rep yet, but it looks like you're only closing 2 months before us:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:23 am 

REALLY!? Good to know! When i asked at my structural upgrade appointment the month after we purchased our house in Nov 2015, I asked when we could find out the colours, and the guy told us we wouldn't know for at least a year! How do you go about finding out who your CS rep is? We never got any sort of email confirmation to find out who it was, and it wasn't mentioned in our package of documents. I just assumed it was because we weren't closing until July 2017, that we wouldn't need a Rep yet, but it looks like you're only closing 2 months before us:)[/quote]

I also purchased in Nov 2015, when I was purchasing in the welcome package they had a sheet with a rep on either side of the page. They pointed out which of the 2 would be my rep. Although a week or 2 after purchasing, maybe even 1 month, I received an e-mail from Mattamy from the rep, introducing herself, and it wasn't the same as the one that had been pointed out to me. She is really fantastic, every time I have a question she responds very quickly. I would suggest to look through the package you received when you purchased and look it up. If you don't see anything I would call Mattamy to see who your designated rep is in order to reach out the them. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:48 am 

rox272 wrote:
I also purchased in Nov 2015, when I was purchasing in the welcome package they had a sheet with a rep on either side of the page. They pointed out which of the 2 would be my rep. Although a week or 2 after purchasing, maybe even 1 month, I received an e-mail from Mattamy from the rep, introducing herself, and it wasn't the same as the one that had been pointed out to me. She is really fantastic, every time I have a question she responds very quickly. I would suggest to look through the package you received when you purchased and look it up. If you don't see anything I would call Mattamy to see who your designated rep is in order to reach out the them. Good Luck!

Nice! I hope Whitney is my contact too then if she's so quick! I will take a look through my package tonight and see if I have that information. I haven't had a need to reach out to anyone yet, so I was never really looking for it, so it could be there and I never noticed. I definitely never received an introduction email though. I only have emails from two years ago for my current Mattamy home, and I don't think any of those people work there anymore:P Thanks for your advice!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:19 pm 

I couldn't help but notice that your closing date is around the same time as mine and I was wondering if you have heard anything about your design book yet? Thanks!

Delay 2nd tentative Closing: October 20,2017
Firm Closing: November 2, 2017

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:50 pm 

kbuzu wrote:
I couldn't help but notice that your closing date is around the same time as mine and I was wondering if you have heard anything about your design book yet? Thanks!

kbuzu: Not yet! :( Hoping to check out the design center either this weekend or next and asking about it. I heard they will make it for you if they aren't too busy. I heard from other users on this forum closing in Feb, that they have received theirs, so I'm thinking we will get ours at least by June/July.

rox272 I asked who my csr was, and i got a reply back that it was Whitney. She did reach out to me, but had my email spelled wrong. Our worst fear is confirmed. Blue siding! Ugh I think this was my least favourite of all the packages I didnt want. We got B-5. Oh well, nothing we can do about it! Maybe I can paint it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:06 pm 

lalexa wrote:
kbuzu wrote:

kbuzu: Not yet! :( Hoping to check out the design center either this weekend or next and asking about it. I heard they will make it for you if they aren't too busy. I heard from other users on this forum closing in Feb, that they have received theirs, so I'm thinking we will get ours at least by June/July.

rox272 I asked who my csr was, and i got a reply back that it was Whitney. She did reach out to me, but had my email spelled wrong. Our worst fear is confirmed. Blue siding! Ugh I think this was my least favourite of all the packages I didnt want. We got B-5. Oh well, nothing we can do about it! Maybe I can paint it!

Lauren & Eric, I'm glad you were able to find out who your CSR is and were able to find out what colour your home will be. However it's unfortunate that it will be the colour you dislike the most. It might grow on you. I know I sometimes say it's your neighbours that will see the outside of your home more than you, as you will be inside looking out. :-) lol

As for the design book, I keep asking, as I'm anxious to find out. Curious to see what kind of budget I will be looking at. I reached out the Whitney this week and she informed me that they are currently doing those closing in March 2017. That hopefully I should have mine in 1 month or 2, and I close in May.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:26 pm 

rox272 wrote:
lalexa wrote:
kbuzu wrote:

Lauren & Eric, I'm glad you were able to find out who your CSR is and were able to find out what colour your home will be. However it's unfortunate that it will be the colour you dislike the most. It might grow on you. I know I sometimes say it's your neighbours that will see the outside of your home more than you, as you will be inside looking out. :-) lol

As for the design book, I keep asking, as I'm anxious to find out. Curious to see what kind of budget I will be looking at. I reached out the Whitney this week and she informed me that they are currently doing those closing in March 2017. That hopefully I should have mine in 1 month or 2, and I close in May.

RE: Design Book. As per my last update from CSR, the design book is usually provided/available 8-10 months prior to closing date. It will be September for me before I see it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:40 pm 

Thanks for that info rox272. I contacted Whitney about my exterior and she was able to tell me what my colors will be. Our exterior package is F-1, it looks good in the picture but would be nice to see in person.

HSV / Phase 6
Hawkesbury / English Manor
Closing August 2017

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:43 am 

Really exciting and wonderful info! I emailed stacey my rep apparently but it has been a week and no reply. I will have to double check her email or or whats going on. But I do look forward to seeing the design book! also excited about the french elevation, our first house in stucco. At first we were going with wintergreen but the structural luxury was prob not going to pay off in the short term in house value.