HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Woodstock Model
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:29 pm 

I noticed you said you deleted the kitchen bulkhead, but on the architectural drawings did it show a dropped ceiling in the kitchen?

Do all houses come with kitchen bulkhead? unless you pay to delete them?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:40 am 

It's free to delete them. You just have to ask. They'll tell you if you can't (i.e. due to structural or mechanical items there).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:14 pm 

apk wrote:
rox272 wrote:
Beautiful home! Thank you for sharing! Which cabinet door and colour is that?

Frendel Kingston Maple in Winter White with Cabinet Hardware #9645 (upgrade). These are a Classic Premium cabinet.

Thank You! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:53 pm 

Apk, I have a huge favour to ask.

We are looking to get upgraded hardware and hinges for our interior doors (we chose the same doors as you)

By any chance would you be able to tell me how hinges are on the taller doors (96") on main floor versus the shorter doors (84"?) on upper level.

Also do you happen to know the height and width of the hinges? And lastly, would you be able to take a photo of the lock mechanism.. I need to see what shape the piece is that goes into the door frame when it closes.

I know this is a lot of ask. But, if you an help it would be great.

If not, I totally understand.

Thx! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:53 pm 

*how many hinges

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:09 pm 

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
By any chance would you be able to tell me how many hinges are on the taller doors (96") on main floor
3 hinges per door, except the door to the basement which is 84" tall. This has 2 hinges like the shorter doors on the upper level.

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Also do you happen to know the height and width of the hinges? And lastly, would you be able to take a photo of the lock mechanism.. I need to see what shape the piece is that goes into the door frame when it closes.
Hopefully tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:36 am 

Thanks apk! So, just to confirm the doors on the main floor with the exception of the basement door have 3 hinges and the doors on the upper floor have only 2 hinges?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:35 am 

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Thanks apk! So, just to confirm the doors on the main floor with the exception of the basement door have 3 hinges and the doors on the upper floor have only 2 hinges?
Correct. I didn't check the front door, garage door, or patio doors. They are all 84" tall, so my guess is 2 hinges.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:14 pm 

apk wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Correct. I didn't check the front door, garage door, or patio doors. They are all 84" tall, so my guess is 2 hinges.

They're steel insulated doors. Bet they have 3 hinges.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:07 pm 

Gecko wrote:
apk wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:

They're steel insulated doors. Bet they have 3 hinges.
Correct - wasn't thinking about the added weight Gecko.

Attachments:
Screenshot_20160427-205630.jpg
Screenshot_20160427-205630.jpg [ 58.21 KiB | Viewed 3791 times ]
IMG_20160427_205121.jpg
IMG_20160427_205121.jpg [ 95.07 KiB | Viewed 3791 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:20 pm 

Thank you!! Life saver!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:37 pm 

Apk,

Could you send a picture of your stairs?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:08 am 

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone did builtin with the alternate kitchen? Would love to see if it looks nice or should we just do executive kitchen with slide ins.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:41 pm 

apk wrote:
lalexa, please see notes below on cabinet. Flooring is the included oak engineered hardwood (satin finish in estate brown, 3"x3/4" straight). They wanted something ridiculous like $7k to upgrade to a dark brown. You can redo the entire house for that afterwards. We figure we'd let the kids destroy this then spend the money and replace it with the good stuff later.

vannar14 wrote:
- Did you get any upgrade for the island (other than faux cabinets) and the cost? We went with faux cabinets, but like the look of the extended sides and baseboard.

Yes, we did the following:
-Deleted upper cabinet above stove/cooktop opening
- Deleted Kitchen Bulkheads
- Master kitchen package
- Base cabinet for slide in range
- Stacked Upper Cabinets
- Gas line for stove
- Valance light rough-in for kitchen
- Faux doors on island
- Install furniture kicks on the back and side of island
- Additional base cabinet on right side of island (when standing on sink)
- 6" Island corner post w/o trim
- Added pendants rough-in only

vannar14 wrote:
- We wanted the island to be a different color so went with the classic cabinets ($4k difference compared to the included grande kitchen line). Did you get the white or cream cabinets? and is it the included line or an upgrade. You might just have saved us a bunch of money lol.

Sorry, but this is an upgraded cabinet - Frendel Kingston Maple in Winter White with Cabinet Hardware #9645 (upgrade). These are a Classic Premium cabinet.

vannar14 wrote:
- Did you get the hood from Mattamy?

Nope. Bought it after and installed myself. Note, that if installing a gas range (ours is dual fuel - electric oven), you'll need more than the basic vent.

vannar14 wrote:
- Length of small office wall (from window to the opening; in the dining room area). We want to know if we are able to put a TV in that corner and whether to get a cable outlet etc there.

Yup! At least 61" wide as we have a desk that large in there. My recommendation is as follows (wish I could go back and do this again). Order the Framing For TV Wall Mount if you are getting the fireplace. This puts a 2.5" conduit from behind the TV and drops down directly to the basement. You then get to pick a location where the conduit comes up for your components. The conduit is not capped on the bottom, so super easy to add more cables after. You can easily put a hole in the Pocket Office Wall and drop directly to the basement if you need to run something to the office. I am going to do this soon. This frees up the Cat5 and coax drop to be put anywhere else on the floor :D Alternatively, the Pocket Office is a good spot too - personal preference. Keep in mind they use the cheapest Cat5 possible - I was a bit disappointed. I would also suggest getting the conduit that runs from the basement to the attic so you can fish your own cables later.

Pictures to come later. Need to tidy up a bit. :?

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your photos, looks amazing.
Would you mind sharing the dimension of the island? I have a alternate kitchen layout and i will just check if my dimensions are right. I would also like to add an additional base cabinet for the garbage bins, would you mind telling me the price for the base cabinet and the faux door on the island.

I also have the same kitchen cabinet upgrades as yours, does it easy to clean?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:21 pm 

Hi Apk,

Master ensuite is one of my biggest project. If you dont mind could you please send me some photos of the ensuite because i am planning to change the tub but i am having second thought. And i noticed you have some window coverings, if you still have the dimension of the windows I will appreciate it a lot.

If you are looking for quartz installer maxspace stoneworks is the cheapest. They installed quartz in
my current house and they do have some promotions the last time i checked.

Have you done your stairs stain or will do it once you upgrade your floor?

Thanks a lot!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next