HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:13 pm 

I am having my PDI inspection mid day tomorrow. Just went by the house and it hasn't yet been cleaned. There is dust and dirt covering the hardwood, tile and baseboards. From what I understand I'm supposed to note any damages for repair/touch up. I will not be able to see if there are any scratches to the hardwood. Anyone else did a PDI with an uncleaned house? Can't see them being able to clean all that by noon.

Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:24 pm 

Tika wrote:
I am having my PDI inspection mid day tomorrow. Just went by the house and it hasn't yet been cleaned. There is dust and dirt covering the hardwood, tile and baseboards. From what I understand I'm supposed to note any damages for repair/touch up. I will not be able to see if there are any scratches to the hardwood. Anyone else did a PDI with an uncleaned house? Can't see them being able to clean all that by noon.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You could either clean the house completely yourself tonight or do the PDI in the filth. I know people that have had issues with their PDI not addressed over a month. If there is something wrong in the house, you most likely will not get it fixed for months (if ever, there really is no guarantee that they would fix anything you point out anyway), nothing you can do, try to enjoy the non-damaged pieces of your house.

Don't rely on Mattamy to fix their mistakes, ask your neighbours, they don't fix anything anymore. I'm planning to pay out of pocket for a contractor to come in and fix everything wrong with the house (which will void your warranty) but it is what it is.

You bought an IKEA house (just like me), don't expect quality.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:31 pm 

eeninety wrote:
Tika wrote:

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You could either clean the house completely yourself tonight or do the PDI in the filth. I know people that have had issues with their PDI not addressed over a month. If there is something wrong in the house, you most likely will not get it fixed for months (if ever, there really is no guarantee that they would fix anything you point out anyway), nothing you can do, try to enjoy the non-damaged pieces of your house.

Don't rely on Mattamy to fix their mistakes, ask your neighbours, they don't fix anything anymore. I'm planning to pay out of pocket for a contractor to come in and fix everything wrong with the house (which will void your warranty) but it is what it is.

This is not true.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:09 pm 

Are they not required to fix as per tarrion warranty?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:48 pm 

Tika wrote:
Are they not required to fix as per tarrion warranty?

Of course they are. Just stick to the advice being given in your other post.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:30 pm 

Hi Tika,

Some trades are on strike so unfortunately some final work are delayed. Just be meticulous in your PDI or 30-day warranty. Look at your floor boards, inside cabinets, Windows's edges, top and bottom of doors for dings. If you're not sure if something should be on warranty, just list them. You can decide with Mattamy afterwards if it's really covered or not.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:16 am 

Bring a swifter with you.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:32 am 

eeninety wrote:

What an ill informed comment...

Sherkston | French Chateau Elevation

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:51 am 

Burrcold wrote:
eeninety wrote:
Tika wrote:

This is not true.

I agree, you will be fine Tika.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:28 pm 

pymm wrote:
eeninety wrote:

What an ill informed comment...

Completely uninformed... It's called Tarion - start copying Tarion on your issues and watch how quickly it gets done.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:57 pm 

My post was sarcastic. You'll have to fight tooth and nail for them to finish it, but they will... eventually...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:00 pm 

Ahh well played :-)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:20 am 

Tika wrote:

Hi Tika, how was your PDI?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:48 pm 

Anything that is dirty during the PDI must be noted as dirty and therefore it can not be inspected. That's the rules as per Tarion. If the Mattamy PDI Rep does not acknowledge that in the final list then as soon as the PDI is over the home owner needs to contact Tarion and tell them that the builder did not make note of this legitimate warranty issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:57 pm 

All in all it went fairly well. There was a lot of minimal issues, little scratches in walls and on door frames, uneven caulking, cabinet doors not perfectly aligned etc. According to the PDI rep because they have the handyman make all those fixes they don't put it on the PDI list. I did not question it at first but later regretted not insisting it all go on the list because I found later not all items were fixed or fixed well. Did not notice until after the close.