HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm 

rox272 wrote:

The problem with a sidewalk is that yes, less cars fit in the drive.

However that's not the only thing, in the winter you are responsible for shoveling said sidewalk. If you get to travel a few weeks during the winter months, you have to continually ask a neighbour to do it for you, or get a family member to swing by while you are away to do it for you during your absence.

And you do end up with a lot of trash on your lawn as well, as some people that walk along think your lawn is a big garbage can!

UGH! I wasn't even thinking about snow on the sidewalk! lol I can see that being an inconvenience if you go away for a night or two.

In our first home we didn't really care what we got, and ended up with no side walk. We only have 2 cars, so it wasn't necessary for us. But it's actually so nice. If we have our parents or friends over, they can park on the driveway behind my car and they don't have to worry about getting a parking consideration. Now it's become a luxury we didn't even know we cared about until we bought our second house!

I'm 90% sure our new house will have a sidewalk - we're going to be on Leger Way, and the existing part of Leger way has a sidewalk on both sides of the road so it makes sense ours will have a sidewalk as well. Kind of wish I put more thought into that.. :(

And I guess yes, you can technically fit another car after the sidewalk.. but I wouldn't ask a guest to park sideways on the boulevard, I think they would be more comfortable parking on the street.

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:23 pm 

Doesn't sound as much of a horror show as you're making it out to be, I guess this can be classified as a first world problem LOL

I will also be on Leger and both sides will have a sidewalk.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:14 pm 

lalexa wrote:

And I guess yes, you can technically fit another car after the sidewalk.. but I wouldn't ask a guest to park sideways on the boulevard, I think they would be more comfortable parking on the street.

Unfortunately these days boulevards are so narrow that in most of the cases you can't fit a regular size car and I don't know what are the regulations in Milton but in Mississauga you are not allowed to park on boulevard.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:47 pm 

SabinaZ wrote:
lalexa wrote:

Unfortunately these days boulevards are so narrow that in most of the cases you can't fit a regular size car and I don't know what are the regulations in Milton but in Mississauga you are not allowed to park on boulevard.

I'm not sure what the rules are here either, but i see a lot of people doing it. I wouldn't have the patience to do it every night, and i'd be worried of driving over the lawn.. Lol!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:01 am 

It really sucks for us coz we checked with the city before buying as to where is the sidewalk... and we bought the side WITHOUT the sidewalk.... now the plans are changed..and there is nothing we can do about it :(

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:18 am 

aaaa wrote:
It really sucks for us coz we checked with the city before buying as to where is the sidewalk... and we bought the side WITHOUT the sidewalk.... now the plans are changed..and there is nothing we can do about it :(

Aaaa
The is disappointing! I had done the same thing, they did say they were prelimanery drawings but I would have hoped that it was pretty much set. Did you call the city to reconfirm? How did you find out the plan changed?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:21 am 

rox272 wrote:
aaaa wrote:

Aaaa
The is disappointing! I had done the same thing, they did say they were prelimanery drawings but I would have hoped that it was pretty much set. Did you call the city to reconfirm? How did you find out the plan changed?

Intitally I read it here, then hubby did confirm with city... he went and checked and told me we are screwed.. coz this was one thing we were very particular about that we did not want.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:09 pm 

aaaa wrote:
rox272 wrote:
aaaa wrote:

Aaaa

Intitally I read it here, then hubby did confirm with city... he went and checked and told me we are screwed.. coz this was one thing we were very particular about that we did not want.

I know exactly how you feel. My current home has a sidewalk and it was top of the list not to have another. I'm on a different street but I'm starting to think I may be screwed too. I will be calling the city for sure, although not much we can do now. :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:48 am 

Yesterday me and hubby went for a walk down Leger way, with our map...lol! We found Hinton Terrace and our lot number. It was so nice to see where our house will be. :D Super excited!

HSV / Phase 6
Hawkesbury / English Manor
Closing August 2017

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:03 pm 

k_moreira2017 wrote:
Yesterday me and hubby went for a walk down Leger way, with our map...lol! We found Hinton Terrace and our lot number. It was so nice to see where our house will be. :D Super excited!

Certainly exciting! I can see the site from LSL on my way to work and noticed today that they had laid curbs for Leger. I'm guessing they're hoping to be done the street by September before the school year starts back up again. Can't wait until the foundations are poured! Hopefully in the next few months.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:39 am 

lalexa wrote:
k_moreira2017 wrote:

Certainly exciting! I can see the site from LSL on my way to work and noticed today that they had laid curbs for Leger. I'm guessing they're hoping to be done the street by September before the school year starts back up again. Can't wait until the foundations are poured! Hopefully in the next few months.

Yes most of the street in there have the curbs :D I know I can't wait, but that probably won't be until next year.

HSV / Phase 6
Closing August 2017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:55 am 

Was finally able to go for a walk down Leger way, Whitlock ave and Hinton terrace. Nice to see most of all curbs and utilities in and a gravel road. Looks like they started the footings for the overpass on whitlock ave crossing the ravine. The ravine itself looked great with grass, trees and shrubs. Really excited now that things are taking form.

I've also contacted Whitney, people closing in may 2017 can soon expect to be contacted about design center appointments.

Current closing May 2017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:38 am 

Some pics of hinton terrace from this passed weekend. :D

Current closing May 2017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:58 pm 

YAY! Thanks for sharing McHammer :D

HSV / Phase 6
Closing August 2017

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:39 am 

Walked down to Hinton terrace and here's the pond picture.

Last edited by zzvv on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next