HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:56 am 

eeninety wrote:
For those of you with a Renfrew, can you provide us with the EXACT height for the Fridge cutout? I've heard it's APPROX 71" but we're considering a 72" inch Fridge and were wondering if it would fit.

Thanks in advance :)

The exact height is 1800mm. There might be a possibility to increase the height, but it can only be done during the design center meeting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:08 pm 

Hi guys,
was wondering if anyone had the fridge water line installed with Mattamy and how the builder delivered it.
From my latest visit to our under-construction I couldn't find any water connection to the fridge area, giving that the sink and dishwasher are far from it (in the island) and no water supply is running beside this area.

Any experience with this issue?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:12 pm 

Hi xony, I had the same questions after my walkthrough! Basically after drywall and in the finishing stage, the plumber come back and will do the finish plumbing...at that point you will see the water line coming from the floor.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:19 pm 

funnyman82 wrote:
Hi xony, I had the same questions after my walkthrough! Basically after drywall and in the finishing stage, the plumber come back and will do the finish plumbing...at that point you will see the water line coming from the floor.

thank funnyman82, I called the builder and he told me the same :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:20 am 

For those of you who have already moved in to your renfrew's.. How is the entrance to the basement and is there a door closing off your kitchen to the basement/garage or is it a walkthrough.

In looking at our layout, it looks like it would be exceptionally hard to maneuver furniture around the corner (esp couches/large TV's etc.)

Is it as bad as it looks?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:08 pm 

They put a door only if you order the side entrance, otherwise there is a door to the basement and a door to the garage.As for furniture you should be able to get a couch downstairs if you stand it up and kick out the bottom first.

Renfrew Elevation "G" Hawthorne Village

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:53 am 

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the standard kitchen layout? Thanks :)

Delay 2nd tentative Closing: October 20,2017
Firm Closing: November 2, 2017

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 am 

Some pics here.

Attachments:
photo_15849471-1100x733.jpg
photo_15849471-1100x733.jpg [ 91.95 KiB | Viewed 4559 times ]
photo_15849470-1100x733.jpg
photo_15849470-1100x733.jpg [ 97.19 KiB | Viewed 4559 times ]
photo_15849468-1100x733.jpg
photo_15849468-1100x733.jpg [ 96.3 KiB | Viewed 4559 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:44 am 

Hi! I was wondering if anyone in HSV with a Renfrew Craftsman elevation was able to remove the bulkheads in the kitchen with the standard kitchen layout?
TIA :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:41 pm 

I have one and nope

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:48 pm 

I'm comparing the kitchen upgrades and I'd love some input & opinions from other Renfrew owners. According the sketches in the design guide, the sous kitchen upgrade only adds the fridge gable, deep uppers, & light valances. The executive kitchen includes the sous upgrades plus crown moulding and pots & pan drawers. I've heard the crown moulding is only possible without the bulkheads and that deleting the bulkheads isn't an option in the Renfrew. I'm going to clarify this with my DC. Its about $1000 to upgrade from the included to the sous and $1000 difference between sous & executive (in the cabinet style I chose). I'm not considering the grande layout.

I'm a first time homeowner and I just don't see whats so special about those features. I've never noticed them in a home! I think cabinet color, countertops, backsplash, floors, all make a huge impact but that little bit of trim at the top or bottom of the cabinet never bothered me. I've lived in homes that have fridge gables & deep uppers and never thought twice about them, I could care less if they're there or not. However one of the Mattamy design center associates said most people upgrade to the executive at least. I'm curious if other Renfrew owners opted for these upgrades and what they found was worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:18 am 

panda wrote:
I'm comparing the kitchen upgrades and I'd love some input & opinions from other Renfrew owners. According the sketches in the design guide, the sous kitchen upgrade only adds the fridge gable, deep uppers, & light valances. The executive kitchen includes the sous upgrades plus crown moulding and pots & pan drawers. I've heard the crown moulding is only possible without the bulkheads and that deleting the bulkheads isn't an option in the Renfrew. I'm going to clarify this with my DC. Its about $1000 to upgrade from the included to the sous and $1000 difference between sous & executive (in the cabinet style I chose). I'm not considering the grande layout.

I'm a first time homeowner and I just don't see whats so special about those features. I've never noticed them in a home! I think cabinet color, countertops, backsplash, floors, all make a huge impact but that little bit of trim at the top or bottom of the cabinet never bothered me. I've lived in homes that have fridge gables & deep uppers and never thought twice about them, I could care less if they're there or not. However one of the Mattamy design center associates said most people upgrade to the executive at least. I'm curious if other Renfrew owners opted for these upgrades and what they found was worth it.

Hi Panda! I just had my design appointment in December and went with the executive kitchen because I didn't think I'd like the look of having a space between the bulkhead and cabinets. With the crown moulding it fills in that space which I think gives the kitchen a more finished look.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 am 

Here is our Renfrew "Grande" kitchen we love it.

Attachments:
IMG_1951.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG [ 77.3 KiB | Viewed 3965 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:07 pm 

panda wrote:

I went with the executive because I'm not a first time buyer and plan on staying a while, so these things do make a difference to me, especially the pot and pan drawer since this layout doesn't exactly give you tons of cupboard space to begin with. I personally didn't opt for the grande, even though the picture of the one above looks great, because I find the wall oven to be a trendy gimmick that costs a lot more then even a nice gas range and takes away cupboard and counter space.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:49 pm 

HanselMugatu wrote:
panda wrote:

I went with the executive because I'm not a first time buyer and plan on staying a while, so these things do make a difference to me, especially the pot and pan drawer since this layout doesn't exactly give you tons of cupboard space to begin with. I personally didn't opt for the grande, even though the picture of the one above looks great, because I find the wall oven to be a trendy gimmick that costs a lot more then even a nice gas range and takes away cupboard and counter space.

We opted for the pull out shelves on the bottom left side by the fridge. You can put a lot things here and btw not my first house ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next