HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:02 pm 

kbuzu wrote:
I'm still waiting to be notified to make my architect's choices. Hopefully I'll get the email soon.

make sure to check your voicemail too! we never got an email, just a VM that said we had 10 days starting from the day she left the message.

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:16 pm 

I got notified thru email by Nick Hill. He said there was backlog due to conversation department and construction could't start. It is now getting cleared and things should speed up

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:30 pm 

Just got my call this afternoon for my architect choice's appointment.

Delay 2nd tentative Closing: October 20,2017
Firm Closing: November 2, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:02 pm 

I'm wondering if anyone has received Mattamy university invites or delay notices yet?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:49 am 

kbuzu wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone has received Mattamy university invites or delay notices yet?

I'm expecting one.. got the 'construction started' notification only last month. did a site check and only foundations are poured yet
My first tentative closing is July 05, 2017.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:45 pm 

gbharj wrote:
kbuzu wrote:

I'm expecting one.. got the 'construction started' notification only last month. did a site check and only foundations are poured yet
My first tentative closing is July 05, 2017.

We close in July 2017, and I believe our purchase agreement stated we can expect them to start construction in Mar 2017. So if they've poured your foundation you might be ok! My first home with mattamy was a townhome, and we bought in Jan, and our closing was just 7 months later in July and we closed on time! They probably didn't start the framing until April or May. A few of our upgrades were delayed, but the house was livable so we closed on time. Nevertheless, I think we're right to worry since there have been so many delays lately! But I'm crossing my fingers we'll be on time - we're supposed to find out in two weeks if we're firm or not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:25 pm 

Got my official delay notice today. They pushed us right to our 2nd tentative closing date.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:58 am 

kbuzu wrote:
Got my official delay notice today. They pushed us right to our 2nd tentative closing date.

Sorry to hear that :( Did they say why? We close in August (firebreak house) just waiting for our delay notice. Our 90 day mark is May 3rd it feels so far away. I have heard people getting their notice a day before the 90 day mark. :(

HSV / Phase 6
Hawkesbury / English Manor
Closing August 2017

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:10 am 

k_moreira2017 wrote:
kbuzu wrote:

Sorry to hear that :( Did they say why? We close in August (firebreak house) just waiting for our delay notice. Our 90 day mark is May 3rd it feels so far away. I have heard people getting their notice a day before the 90 day mark. :(

Our rep said the delay is due to a shortage of trades and we can expect a further delay because they pushed us the full 120 days. :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:15 pm 

k_moreira2017 wrote:
kbuzu wrote:

You won't be able to find your firm closing until May 3, but you can call your CSR and ask if you are delayed as of today. We close July 13 and last week they told me we are still on time. Of course we have to wait until April 13 before we list our current house though, but at least you will know if you're going to be delayed MONTHS vs a few weeks. I'm crossing my fingers for no delay, and if there is one, I'm hoping its under 1 month!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:41 pm 

I email my CSR and got an indication that the delay notice on its way...I close on July 05,2017 and hope the delay is minimum...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:59 am 

lalexa wrote:
k_moreira2017 wrote:
kbuzu wrote:

You won't be able to find your firm closing until May 3, but you can call your CSR and ask if you are delayed as of today. We close July 13 and last week they told me we are still on time. Of course we have to wait until April 13 before we list our current house though, but at least you will know if you're going to be delayed MONTHS vs a few weeks. I'm crossing my fingers for no delay, and if there is one, I'm hoping its under 1 month!

I called Krista she said as of right not we are sitting on our firm date for August 1st. Fingers & toes crossed lol! Oh and asked about when the Mattamy University will be taking place. She said we should get invites closer to the end of April.

HSV / Phase 6
Closing August 2017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:43 am 

k_moreira2017 wrote:
I called Krista she said as of right not we are sitting on our firm date for August 1st. Fingers & toes crossed lol! Oh and asked about when the Mattamy University will be taking place. She said we should get invites closer to the end of April.

That's great! Thanks for asking about Mattamy U and updating! I forgot to ask that. I can't wait.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:42 am 

lalexa wrote:
k_moreira2017 wrote:

That's great! Thanks for asking about Mattamy U and updating! I forgot to ask that. I can't wait.

Your welcome:) Thought I would follow up. Just before Whitney left she told me they were planning it for April/May, for the rest of Phase 6.

HSV / Phase 6
Closing August 2017

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:27 pm 

Does anyone know where the sidewalks will be?