HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Phase 6 - Leger Way
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:47 am 

pong35 wrote:
funnyman82 wrote:
Pong35 I would assume it is past the framewalk stage at this point. With 1.5 months to go I think the drywall may be in already. Also I am surprised the PDI is only 2 days before your closing...

I guess you are right funnyman82. Also, I was reading some homeowners also experienced the PDI to be 2 days before closing.

Have you stopped by your house lately? funnyman82 is right, if drywall is up you can't have a frame walk anymore. However, someone on the HSV facebook pg, who closes in May on Leger, just posted about having their framewalk this week, so I guess it's possible they could do all the drywall + finishes in 1.5 months?

We're supposed to find out if our closing date is firm in about 2 weeks! I live near the construction site, so I go down a few times a month to see if they've started our framing lol. So anxious.

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:22 pm 

lalexa wrote:
pong35 wrote:
funnyman82 wrote:
Pong35 I would assume it is past the framewalk stage at this point. With 1.5 months to go I think the drywall may be in already. Also I am surprised the PDI is only 2 days before your closing...

I guess you are right funnyman82. Also, I was reading some homeowners also experienced the PDI to be 2 days before closing.

Have you stopped by your house lately? funnyman82 is right, if drywall is up you can't have a frame walk anymore. However, someone on the HSV facebook pg, who closes in May on Leger, just posted about having their framewalk this week, so I guess it's possible they could do all the drywall + finishes in 1.5 months?

We're supposed to find out if our closing date is firm in about 2 weeks! I live near the construction site, so I go down a few times a month to see if they've started our framing lol. So anxious.

lalexa good luck on couple of weeks, hope there will be no delay.
Krista called me. Just confirmed our Frame Walk tomorrow March 30 around 9 am. They are finishing electrical today.

Delayed Closing date April 18, 2017
Moved in date May 18, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 am 

lalexa wrote:
pong35 wrote:
funnyman82 wrote:

Lalexa, have they started the framing of your house?

HSV / Phase 6
Hawkesbury / English Manor
Closing August 2017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:42 am 

k_moreira2017 wrote:

Lalexa, have they started the framing of your house?

I don't think so! We haven't been by in a few weeks. Last time we went, our neighbours' homes looked fully framed with windows but no bricks. I think they need to be done bricking theirs before they will start at ours.

Hearing about a few people closing in May only getting frame walks now, makes me think they won't start our framing for a month or two.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 am 

We are supposed to get our firm closing next week, but just called Mattamy to see if they know anything and found out we're delayed 1.5 months. Ugh! :( July 13 to Aug 24. The reason they gave me was brick layer shortage.

I'm so sad! But on the bright side, at least we'll get to enjoy the whole summer in our fenced backyard..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:31 am 

lalexa wrote:
We are supposed to get our firm closing next week, but just called Mattamy to see if they know anything and found out we're delayed 1.5 months. Ugh! :( July 13 to Aug 24. The reason they gave me was brick layer shortage.

I'm so sad! But on the bright side, at least we'll get to enjoy the whole summer in our fenced backyard..

Sorry to hear that. I was told that there will be less dirt on the road by then. They forecast to put the grass by
the end of Summer. You'll come with greens around.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 am 

Does anybody knows the Construction Trailer telephone number for site Supervisor Steve?
Our PDI is on May 16 and the house still have no bricks yet as of April 29, but there are some scaffolding standing around the house already. I have already contacted csr Krista about it. I'm waiting for the csr to answer me back.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:58 am 

pong35 wrote:
Does anybody knows the Construction Trailer telephone number for site Supervisor Steve?
Our PDI is on May 16 and the house still have no bricks yet as of April 29, but there are some scaffolding standing around the house already. I have already contacted csr Krista about it. I'm waiting for the csr to answer me back.

That's a bit concerning! But if the scaffolding is up that's a good sign they will start very soon! We live about 2 mins from Leger right now, so I stop by the site frequently. The house next to us was bricked in about 2 days. Also our framing went from nothing to the whole floor done in about 2 days, so they can work pretty fast!

The lack of bricks makes sense given the brick layer shortage, but I thought they had to finish bricks before they started the interior. Have you looked inside the home to see if they've started the interior? I would have sent just like you did to check, just to maybe confirm there wasn't another delay you're not aware of... it seems kind of weird they haven't bricked at this point. Hopefully everything is fine though! Good luck!

Last edited by lalexa on Mon May 01, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:00 pm 

pong35 wrote:

One of our friends were in the same situation. The closing was April 26 and brickwork was still on going.They moved in and one side is outstanding..
So you may encounter the same

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:44 am 

pong35 wrote:

Mattamy informed me:

"We are experiencing a site-wide shortage regarding our brick-layers. Unfortunately, many homes will not be bricked until right before closing. There are many factors which dictate the bricklayers schedule including the weather and I am this not able to estimate when your brickwork may be complete. Please know that your building team will do their absolute best to ensure that the brick is complete prior to the PDI however, I cannot make any guarantees at this point. "

At least they are honest. I am still grateful to have a new home. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:01 am 

pong35 - how are you liking your new house?
Anyone else moved in yet? The street seems to be coming along quickly!

We find out in less than a week if we're firm or not. :o

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:04 am 

lalexa wrote:

Hi lalexa, we are so happy about our new house. There are a lot of PDi items but those are understandable
and nothing major. External is almost done. They worked over the holiday or the exterior.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:23 am 

lalexa wrote:

Hi Lalexa, is your date of closing firm already?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:30 pm 

pong35 wrote:
lalexa wrote:

Hi Lalexa, is your date of closing firm already?

pong35 - That's great you are happy! And good nothing major is outstanding from the PDI! sounds like people are encountering lots of issues :(

I drove down Leger yesterday and noticed some people had moved in and their homes were missing bricks/siding! lol :( And I didn't notice ANY painted garages /front doors - everything is white! I understand though.. they just want to move people as they can fix minor things later. It's just kind of concerning if those things aren't done, what else isn't done.. Such a different experience from when we got our first home as everything was complete and there were just a few cosmetic things on the PDI.

We found out right at 90 days that we got delayed again! I thought we were on time because I didn't hear anything, and I was planning on calling later that day just to confirm we were on time, but then the dreaded delay email came. New closing is September 14! but at least it is now final! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:31 am 

lalexa wrote:
pong35 - That's great you are happy! And good nothing major is outstanding from the PDI! sounds like people are encountering lots of issues :(

I drove down Leger yesterday and noticed some people had moved in and their homes were missing bricks/siding! lol :( And I didn't notice ANY painted garages /front doors - everything is white! I understand though.. they just want to move people as they can fix minor things later. It's just kind of concerning if those things aren't done, what else isn't done.. Such a different experience from when we got our first home as everything was complete and there were just a few cosmetic things on the PDI.

We found out right at 90 days that we got delayed again! I thought we were on time because I didn't hear anything, and I was planning on calling later that day just to confirm we were on time, but then the dreaded delay email came. New closing is September 14! but at least it is now final! :)

Hi Lalexa, isn't lot 200 is your house, I think I read it somewhere. If so, I could see it from our porch. I think it is waiting for it for bricks to be layed on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next