HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:18 pm 

miltonbeny wrote:
That's funny, but he is one of the 20 people who reads this forum and all the Facebook posts about it.

At least the Parm man didn’t add a little Mike Cluett missed a layup sign and attached them to the top his 5000 signs.

This is kind of funny coming from the person who took offence to his desire for the position in the first place. Let’s keep in mind, you’re the only one saying the loss was “embarrassing” and “missed a layup.”

The next time I see him I’ll ask if he’s started giving a sh*t what the people on Hawthorne Villager say about him. Latest polls are leaning hard towards ‘no’ though.

Waiiiiit a second.... are you Parm Gill?

Post subject: Re: Who's your daddy !?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:23 pm 

hughd wrote:
Oh f@#%... the sky is falling.

Ford wins with the most seats AND popular vote (PC 40, NDP 33, Lib 19) and people want to dispute that more people DIDN'T want him than did. Perhaps but more people wanted the PCs than any other party... this is how Democracy works folks but everyone else must be wrong and you're right !
Popular vote is out of 100% of the voters, if Ford got 40% that means 60% of the voters did not want him. To win the popular vote he would need at least 51%.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:37 pm 

so all day at work, i all hear is ford is going to do great things. Lower this, provide more etc etc.

My question to them is how. How is he going to do that? Where is the money coming from? Have they published a platform yet? I guess they will not have to anymore as the election is over.

It seems to me that Ford took a page out of Trumps campaign and ran with that. Saying what voters wanted to hear rather than how he's going to go about doing it.

It sure will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:42 pm 

My friends call me Tone.

Defending the old stock boys eh

Post subject: Re: Who's your daddy !?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:34 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
hughd wrote:
Oh f@#%... the sky is falling.

Ford wins with the most seats AND popular vote (PC 40, NDP 33, Lib 19) and people want to dispute that more people DIDN'T want him than did. Perhaps but more people wanted the PCs than any other party... this is how Democracy works folks but everyone else must be wrong and you're right !
Popular vote is out of 100% of the voters, if Ford got 40% that means 60% of the voters did not want him. To win the popular vote he would need at least 51%.

You need to stop saying "Ford wins" and "Ford is most popular" or that people "Didn't want him".
You should be saying that the "PC won" and "PC are most popular" or that that people "Didn't want PC"

We vote for an MP who represents the provincial party by riding, not for the Premiere.

PC got 40% of the vote. That is the highest percentage among the parties.
Going by numbers, the PC party also received the highest number of party votes (see link below) So, the PC party was the most POPULAR vote. Sure, you can say that if you added up all the votes NOT for PC (Lib,NDP,Grn) (3,392,902) the number is higher than the number that voted PC at 2,322,422 but that's not really fair because its three against one. Considering this, you can't say "people didn't want him". You can say that more voters wanted a different party. However, since more Ontarian's voted PC than those who voted for another party to me that makes them the most popular vote.

Bottom line is he's in and IMO we're better for it and I'm looking forward to him getting us out the mess the Liberal's have made.

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/ontario-votes/

Last edited by stevenr on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:21 pm 

I feel like an extra in a Chris Farley sketch.
IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE CREDIT RIVER

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:52 pm 

I give up, use whatever words you want but it doesn't change the fact that 60% of Milton did not vote PC.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:20 pm 

So what? This is how this election system works. And how people vote.
On two previous provincial elections it was 55 instead of 60.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:36 am 

Greenjp wrote:
I give up, use whatever words you want but it doesn't change the fact that 60% of Milton did not vote PC.

I'll correct you there.

Milton total eligible voters: 75,898

Milton total voter turnout: 43,789
Milton total PC votes: 18,237
Milton votes for others: 25,381

So, 60% of people in Milton who VOTED, did not vote for PC. 32,109 people didn't vote for any party. That's a huge amount and if people chose not to exercise their democratic right, that is their problem and have to live with the result. </THREAD>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:08 pm 

stevenr wrote:
</THREAD>

EXCUUUUSE ME - this is a celebratory thread and “the people” will decide when it’s over thankyouverymuch.

Here’s how we can track our new master’s promises, and a good reminder of what was said if all you can remember is ‘buck a beer’ and ‘NDP is evil.’

https://ford.polimeter.org/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 pm 

I would put money that Ford is going to dip into Dalton's old playbook. After he took over from Harris there was a huge stink about how Harris had been hiding the real deficit and the Province was actually way worse off financially. Granted Harris didn't present a budget to the Legislature his last two years in office so it was very believable. I'm willing to bet that sometime over the next month or so we're going to hear something like that from Ford. "Folks" I just can't keep my promises because of Kathleen Wynne.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:58 am 

15 years of Liberal insanity has ended
Bring on the PC insanity

I am quite surprised at the vote (not only that PC had such a strong majority, but that so many people actually voted)
It was bad enough they chose Ford to lead this trainwreck
But getting Gill for local is like the dog poop icing on a poop cake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:43 am 

Groundbreaking wrote:
I would put money that Ford is going to dip into Dalton's old playbook. After he took over from Harris there was a huge stink about how Harris had been hiding the real deficit and the Province was actually way worse off financially. Granted Harris didn't present a budget to the Legislature his last two years in office so it was very believable. I'm willing to bet that sometime over the next month or so we're going to hear something like that from Ford. "Folks" I just can't keep my promises because of Kathleen Wynne.

He won't have to, it's already self evident with a record deficit of $325 billion. The only thing left to prove is that Bonnie Lysyk was lying according to Wynne and we actually have a surplus.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 pm 

denti wrote:
so all day at work, i all hear is ford is going to do great things. Lower this, provide more etc etc.

My question to them is how. How is he going to do that? Where is the money coming from? Have they published a platform yet? I guess they will not have to anymore as the election is over.

It seems to me that Ford took a page out of Trumps campaign and ran with that. Saying what voters wanted to hear rather than how he's going to go about doing it.

It sure will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Even if the PC's do absolutely nothing, it'll be better than the Wynne Liberals who've been spending our province into oblivion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:43 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:

I would put money that Ford is going to dip into Dalton's old playbook.

That's obviously needed. After all, our auditor general has been after the libs for funny accounting for quite some time and over many years. I imagine the first thing that the people of Ontario need would be to sort out the provinces financial affairs.

There is no doubt that problems will come up. If there were no problems like funny accounting then arguing with the auditor would not have been an ongoing problem.

I think the people of Ontario trusted our auditor general more than the government.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/04/25/in-scathing-pre-election-report-auditor-general-says-deficit-is-117b-not-67b.html

http://www.auditor.on.ca/en/content/news/specials_newsreleases/newsrelease_2018Pre-Election.pdf

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-pre-election-auditor-general-report-finances-1.4634542

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next