HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 am 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
Hodor wrote:

I’m actually down with attending a protest to bring BACK the 2015 sex Ed curriculum.

Have fun then.

- 10am tomorrow / Sunday and Monday in Toronto at Queens Park.

- 1pm on Tuesday at Mel Lastmans Square in North York.

- and on Wednesday at Horwaths Hamilton office at 5pm.

There should be a good crowd at all three protests.

Gas masks are optional but great to have if things get nasty.

Enjoy :)

Anything local? Maybe I can swing by Parm Gill’s pad. Where in Milton does he live again?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:00 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Hodor wrote:

I’m actually down with attending a protest to bring BACK the 2015 sex Ed curriculum.

Have fun then.

- 10am tomorrow / Sunday and Monday in Toronto at Queens Park.

- 1pm on Tuesday at Mel Lastmans Square in North York.

- and on Wednesday at Horwaths Hamilton office at 5pm.

There should be a good crowd at all three protests.

Gas masks are optional but great to have if things get nasty.

Enjoy :)

Anything local? Maybe I can swing by Parm Gill’s pad. Where in Milton does he live again?
Under a rock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:05 pm 

PCs are already backtracking anyway. Soon I suspect they will announce the return of the 2015 Health and Physical Education curriculum but they’ve removed all the bad stuff that was never in there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 pm 

Hodor wrote:
PCs are already backtracking anyway. Soon I suspect they will announce the return of the 2015 Health and Physical Education curriculum but they’ve removed all the bad stuff that was never in there.

Well,,,, they have kept - issues of consent, gender, same-sex relationships, and cyber safety in the curiculum. For now the rest is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:06 pm 

Hodor wrote:

Well,,,, they have kept issues of consent, gender, same-sex relationships, and cyber safety in the curiculum. For now the rest is gone.

Have they?? Can you please send me the link to the updated regressed curriculum?

Have they even removed the old curriculum for the Ontario government website? Nope: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum ... th1to8.pdf

That horrid idea of gender identity is still introduced in Grade 8. I wonder if this government even knows they have a website.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:55 pm 

Hodor wrote:

Well,,,, they have kept - issues of consent, gender, same-sex relationships, and cyber safety in the curiculum. For now the rest is gone.

Even if that we're true what would be left to take out then? That is the all "bad stuff" the religious nuts want out.

I'm hearing rumblings that Boards are going to tell teachers to keep teaching the 2015 curriculum anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:52 am 

Hodor wrote:
Hodor wrote:

Well,,,, they have kept issues of consent, gender, same-sex relationships, and cyber safety in the curiculum. For now the rest is gone.

Have they ??

Apparently so. It was in the news last night. Just for you :wink: I took a minute of my time and put a link to a Toronto Star article about it.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/07/16/tories-appear-to-be-doing-a-u-turn-on-sex-education-decision.html

Last edited by Halton Home Inspector on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:51 am 

:roll: There are no details. You should take some more time to actually read, maybe? Clearly you don’t know what a curriculum is or looks like. :lol:

Every day the PC’s flip back and forth as to what will be taught. It’s all good though, there’s still tons of time before school starts!! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 am 

Hodor wrote:
:roll: There are no details. You should take some more time to actually read, maybe? Clearly you don’t know what a curriculum is or looks like. :lol:

Every day the PC’s flip back and forth as to what will be taught. It’s all good though, there’s still tons of time before school starts!! :shock:

:shock: There is something wrong with you. I don't care one way or the other. I'm not arguing with you and I am not your bloody secretary. I just posted a link for you. That's all.

Take a chill pill Hodor and grow up. Not everything is an argument.

BTW, You're welcome for the link.

Try to have a nice day Hodor. It's very nice and sunny out. Learn to relax.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:44 am 

So is the PC government just immediately scrapping everything significant that the Liberals implemented? Is their whole m.o. just "Well, the Liberals made this so it MUST be bad?"

I mean, surely the outgoing farce of a government still managed to score a few base hits, no? Is this partisan bullshit copy-the-USA political model really something we want to adopt? I sure as hell don't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:15 am 

So far this Ford guy isn't all I was hoping for.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:32 pm 

I don't know what you guys are talking about
The "new" curriculum is dead
They are using a 20 year old curriculum

It's in every major paper / tv story as teachers are taking it to court now
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... of-sex-ed/
(Which I just shake my head since we all know who is funding this absurd court room fight)

Actually Ford even set up a snitch line if you want to report your teacher for saying anything you do not like in the class room (of course teachers had kittens over that as well)
Report the teachers here:
https://www.ontario.ca/form/for-the-parents

:lol:
"The government has intentionally restricted the expressive freedom of teachers, prohibiting them from fulfilling their role as educators and preventing them from communicating accurate information, critical to student health, safety, development and participation in a modern, diverse and pluralistic society," Mr. Goldblatt said.

Mr. Hammond said the "snitch line" undermines the professionalism of teachers and creates a culture of fear in schools. "It is the role of government to build the system in a positive way, not to toss it into chaos," he said.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:50 am 

This whole government just seems to be doing everything half-assed. Totally didn’t see this coming from my main man Dougie. I thought help was on the way™️.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:46 am 

Can any Ford Supporters explain why cutting the size of Toronto City Council is so important, and why it would be beneficial? Why is Douggie using this so-called “nuclear option” to do so? All I can find are Fake News reports about why this is bad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am 

Hodor wrote:
Can any Ford Supporters explain why cutting the size of Toronto City Council is so important, and why it would be beneficial? Why is Douggie using this so-called “nuclear option” to do so? All I can find are Fake News reports about why this is bad.

Cause revenge is a dish best served nuclear!

Hello, my name is Doug Ford; you killed my brother; prepare to die. Hello, my name is Doug Ford; you killed my brother; prepare to die. Hello, my name is Doug Ford; you killed my brother; prepare to die. Hello, my name is Doug Ford; you killed my brother; prepare to die.

Anybody want a peanut?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next