HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:06 pm 

Greetings from Jamaica. What better place to celebrate the fruits of cannabis investment?

If you’d have bought in to my bullshit when this thread was created, you’d be here too. It’s cooler than Milton hahahahaha!! Air’s a little hazy - nspace would be so mad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:01 pm 

I hope you get set upon in an ally and you are forced to pay top dollar for cheap weed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:59 pm 

NotHawthorny wrote:
I think bragging or an in your face is ok. Given we were originally told we needed to get educated.. Mature no, awesome, yes.

I’m feeling EXTRA educated lately. You?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:31 am 

Tilray on a MASSIVE run!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:05 am 

martin prince wrote:
Tilray on a MASSIVE run!

After several months of steady decline, I was basically back to break-even. Now the whole thing is up 68%. In less than a month. Madness.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 am 

When this thread was created, basically a year ago, the price of a share of Canopy Growth was $8.60.

Today it is $65.

#geteducated

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:47 am 

Ah according to my family and friends this is a huge lost cause and I am basically throwing my money away. Despite my continued upward trajectory, it is met with utter disbelief. Biggest concerns are: no market for it, even if there is the black market will eat the majority of sales.. no framework to sell it provincially. And the best one, they are completely over valued with no future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:42 pm 

NotHawthorny wrote:
Ah according to my family and friends this is a huge lost cause and I am basically throwing my money away. Despite my continued upward trajectory, it is met with utter disbelief. Biggest concerns are: no market for it, even if there is the black market will eat the majority of sales.. no framework to sell it provincially. And the best one, they are completely over valued with no future.
:shock: WoW you just rained on Hodor parade big time. Do you think it will be a "crash & burn"?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:49 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:
:shock: WoW you just rained on Hodor parade big time. Do you think it will be a "crash & burn"?

Ummm, he’s got more at stake than I do; he ain’t raining on sh*t. In fact he pretty much just gave me a ‘super’ there.

There have been naysayers at every turn. My favourite are the ones who talk about P/E ratios like a bunch of millennial Gordon Geckos.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Greenjp wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:

Ummm, he’s got more at stake than I do; he ain’t raining on sh*t. In fact he pretty much just gave me a ‘super’ there.

There have been naysayers at every turn. My favourite are the ones who talk about P/E ratios like a bunch of millennial Gordon Geckos.

At the beginning I used to get pissed off and react emotionally to them all. Now I just say "you may be right, I also may be right, nobody truly knows. All I can judge is performance to date" and leave it at that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:52 am 

“It’s impossible to be angry while in the company of success.”
-Michael Scott
-Hodor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:24 am 

Hodor wrote:
When this thread was created, basically a year ago, the price of a share of Canopy Growth was $8.60.

Today it is $65.

#geteducated

That's been the stock market as a whole since 2009.

#getevenmoreeducated #runwiththebulls

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:44 am 

Wakefield wrote:
Hodor wrote:

Today it is $65.

#geteducated

That's been the stock market as a whole since 2009.

#getevenmoreeducated #runwiththebulls

Yes but that is for your every day run-of-the-mill retirement funds that you only look at once or twice a year. But let's look anyway!

S&P 500 June 2009 - 926.12
S&P 500 Sept 2018 - 2873.91
+310%

CGC Sept 2017 - 7.44
CGC Sept 2018 - 48.90
+657%

#thanksobama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:11 am 

https://www.thestar.com/news/cannabis/2 ... icial.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:41 am 

I'm not wholly surprised that "Canadians will be barred from entering the United States for smoking marijuana legally, for working in Canada’s legal marijuana industry and for investing in legal Canadian marijuana companies, a senior U.S. Customs and Border Protection official says."

The one part was a bit curious around investors. Do we have to our tax forms at border now? Sheesh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next