HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:04 am 

Why I am once again supporting a Liberal candidate and how can you help?

Please share.

It has been four years since I have actively participated in our politics. After what happened to me in 2015 during that election, my ability to participate in politics and in the community was seriously and negatively affected. That situation has passed.

In the last few months, I've been as involved as I had always been, because of the courage and advocacy of good people. One of these people is Adam van Koeverden and I'm proud to support his nomination. (In the attached photograph, Adam is speaking to a group of young people who attended an event to meet Adam today at the velodrome in Milton.)

No matter which party you align with, those we put forward as candidates represent us ALL. And, if the party you align with fails to be elected, it's important that other candidates will represent our citizens with the same integrity.

I am asking everyone--the age of 14 or older in Milton-those who know me personally and those of you who don't, please register as a Liberal in order to vote in the upcoming nomination meeting. You can and should have a say about who becomes a federal candidate in Milton. Registering as a Liberal for the nomination does not mean that you must remain a Liberal or vote Liberal. But it does mean that you can be part of the nomination vote.

Please help me to ensure that as Miltonians, we stand together to support good people as candidates for election. Be part of this historic nomination and please be part of this important local movement.

Thank you,

Stacey

Please, register now using the following link.

https://www.liberal.ca/register/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:27 am 

What happened to you in 2015 ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:04 am 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
What happened to you in 2015 ?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66313&p=536715#p536715

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:49 am 

Does this cost money?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:44 am 

I thought it was a given that Adam van Koeverden will be the Liberal candidate, I wasn't expecting that the minmaxx founder to look for nomination again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:48 am 

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story ... omination/

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:20 am 

Oh... Van Koeverden vs Minmaxx is going to be a good battle for nomination.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:31 am 

PV86 wrote:

Yikes. Thought that greaseball Rizvee had disappeared since losing despite some reportedly shady tactics.

Just registered. Did not buy the stickers (although they'd be fun to stick around my conservative-minded friends' houses!). They asked for no money. Do I still get to help keep Minmaxx off of our federal ballot? What happens next - for once there's something I actually care about.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:18 pm 

Since that political door has been opened to bring in the
parachuted in Olympic dude
heres some more spice

Maxime Berniers Peoples Party of Canada was handing out the free
memberships last month so heres the most local of the spam mail I'm getting from the Leaders social media person these days

"This is a reminder that the People’s Party of Canada will hold a first
meeting in your riding to set up an Electoral District Association
(EDA).

As a founding member of the PPC, you are invited to attend, ask
questions, vote, and put your name forward as a candidate for one of
the four positions on the executive of the EDA (President, Vice
President, Secretary, and Financial Agent/Treasurer).

The meeting will take place at Ned Devine's Irish Pub - Emerald
Lounge, (575 Ontario St S, Milton ON), on Tuesday, November 6, 2018,
at 7:00 pm.

If you have any questions, you can reach Nicola Hanson at drpaulnic@msn.com

We look forward to seeing you there.

The People’s Party of Canada
Gatineau
(819) 205-2648 <>"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:50 pm 

Hodor wrote:
PV86 wrote:

Yikes. Thought that greaseball Rizvee had disappeared since losing despite some reportedly shady tactics.

Just registered. Did not buy the stickers (although they'd be fun to stick around my conservative-minded friends' houses!). They asked for no money. Do I still get to help keep Minmaxx off of our federal ballot? What happens next - for once there's something I actually care about.

You get about three or more spammails a day from the Liberal donate a cause system

Its what the Tories are good at and PPC is starting to do to me

OP is SPAM pure and simple

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:08 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Does this cost money?

Hi Hodor - I see you have commented that you registered, that's great, thank you. As you mentioned, yes, it is free to register.

What happens next is we're waiting for the nomination meeting to be called. Once it is called, those who registered will be able to vote for the person who will become the candidate for the Liberals in the election.

I advocate being part of nomination contests now no matter the party. No longer should we allow our community to be the personal stomping ground for unscrupulous, power-seeking thugs. We should instead ensure that only the best candidates, truly good candidates, are nominated to represent us in government. No matter which party you belong to, whoever is elected as our representative has to speak for us all.

If I can answer any additional questions, let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:48 pm 

Does the local riding use online voting?

I signed up too and will even consider buying my first Liberal membership.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:38 am 

HVS wrote:
Please, register now using the following link.

https://www.liberal.ca/register/

I have gone in there twice now to do this, and I just cannot. I can't. Is there any other way?

Is there any other way to prevent thuggish assholes from having a chance at representing a riding? Would petitioning the party administrators at any level have any effect? How about the ultimate authority, the Prime Minister? Without question, he and other PMs have squeezed out or blocked "unsuitable" candidate in the past, eg: 100% of T2's caucus is made up of pro-choice feminists, or at least those who lack the courage to vote otherwise. So what exactly does a guy have to do to be on this PM's shitlist nowadays? Or are they that desperate to play politicky games?

Go Adam, I wish him well.

Last edited by B&T402 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:27 pm 

( Well if you send CBC a Proposal Submission Release Form with
your grassroots idea.... )

Submission Release
This is a release given by: _________________________________________________
Address: _______________________________________________________________
Telephone and e-mail: ____________________________________________________
Concerning the Proposal entitled: ___________________________________________
Submitted to:_______________ (department) ______________________(CBC contact).
The Proposal was submitted by you for review and consideration by the Canadian
Broadcasting Corporation ("CBC"). You understand that the execution of this release is
necessary before CBC will review the Proposal, and you represent and agree as follows:
1. You own or control the Proposal. You have the full and exclusive right to submit the
Proposal to CBC and no other person or corporation has any right, title or interest in the
Proposal inconsistent with your rights to develop and license the Proposal. If you are
submitting the Proposal on behalf of a corporation that owns the Proposal, you have the
authority to bind such corporation. The Proposal is not defamatory and does not infringe
upon or violate the privacy rights, copyrights, trademarks, publicity or other intellectual or
proprietary rights of any third party.
2. CBC has not made any promise or representation to you about the Proposal, and has
no obligation to use the Proposal in any way. There is no agreement, written or oral,
express or implied, between you and CBC concerning the Proposal, other than this
release.
3. CBC will give the Proposal only the consideration that CBC in its sole and absolute
discretion determines is appropriate.
4. CBC does not accept any obligation of confidentiality with respect to the Proposal. CBC
has the right to copy, use, and distribute the Proposal for the purpose of its evaluation and
review. You have kept a copy of the Proposal. CBC has no obligation to return the Proposal
to you and is not responsible for any loss or damage to the Proposal.
5. CBC may have already and may in the future receive or independently develop
materials similar to the Proposal. CBC has the unrestricted right to use these similar
materials, and you will have no right or recourse against CBC for use of these similar
materials.
Name Signature Date
________________ _________________ _________________

Last edited by Milton Dutch Day on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:05 pm 

Early Iroquois Tradition

the Potters the Myth

the Time Machine

coming to a First Ontario Arts Centre near you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next