HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:07 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Oddly I find the ineptitude of our government sort of reassuring - like they can’t be THAT evil if they’re so stupid.

The stupidity angle is part of the bluff, witness T2 in India what better proof would one need that the leader and the Party are not the same thing with these folks? Also, I have a feeling they (the entirety of the LPC and OLP) are actually quite Machaivellian even in our derpy backwater - slash - crucial battleground riding. And man I hope the Bagginses' fortunes don't come down to a single vote, I don't think I could stomach that.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... haivellian
Quote:
Mach·i·a·vel·li·an
/ˌmäkēəˈvelēən,ˌmakēəˈvelēən/
adjective
adjective: Machiavellian

cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous, especially in politics or in advancing one's career.
synonyms: devious, cunning, crafty, artful, wily, sly, scheming, treacherous, two-faced, Janus-faced, tricky, double-dealing, unscrupulous, deceitful, dishonest;
literary: perfidious;
informal: foxy
"their Machiavellian plot to inherit their aunt's estate"
antonyms: straightforward, ingenuous
relating to Niccolò Machiavelli.

noun
noun: Machiavellian; plural noun: Machiavellians

a person who schemes in a Machiavellian way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:28 am 

Careful, you’re starting to sound like a Flat-Earther.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:21 pm 

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... ary-office

Quote:
‘He knows the rules’: NDP MP cries foul over Trudeau fundraising video shot in PM's parliamentary office

OTTAWA — NDP MP Charlie Angus is criticizing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for shooting an end-of-year fundraising video in his office on Parliament Hill, in violation of rules that prevent MPs from using parliamentary resources to raise money.

The video, posted to Trudeau’s Facebook page on Dec. 28, shows the prime minister in his Centre Block office, flanked by two Canadian flags. “You are at the heart of this movement for positive politics — and you know what’s at stake,” he says, addressing his supporters. “That’s why I’m asking you to join tens of thousands of Canadians who have already donated this month by chipping in before our Dec. 31st deadline, so we can start 2019 strong.”

The post contains a link to the Liberal Party website, where supporters are asked to make donations.

Other headlines:
Quote:
SEE ALSO:

Liberal Party moves Trudeau fundraiser from military base

Trudeau boasts of tough stance on wealthy at swanky Liberal fundraiser

Federal Liberals set to introduce stricter rules, more transparency for political fundraising

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:23 pm 

Its a pity Charlie Angus won't run for the Milton seat

I can see it now
our local M.P. dresses in artificial polar bear furs mushing the Eskimo
sled pulled by the huskies White Fang and Blizzard
as he shows up for a reopening of a Hudsons Bay Trading Post
in Milton Mall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:55 pm 

We've met many of you at the doors as we have been out canvassing. Hundreds of you have registered to vote in the nomination, which is THIS COMING SUNDAY.

Now, please take a few minutes to drop in between 1pm and 5pm to cast your vote this coming Sunday.

Please bring ID
OPTION1 one of the following: Driver's Licence, Prov or Territorial ID card, Gov't issued ID with name, photo and address.
OPTION 2 is two of the following: health card or hospital card, Canadian passport, debit or credit card, citizenship card or certificate, library or transit card, student ID card, bank or credit card statement, lease utility bill or insurance statement, pay stub, gov't cheque or statement of gov't benefits, correspondence or timetable from a school, college or university

DETAILS:

Sunday, JANUARY 20
BISHOP REDING HIGHSCHOOL
1120 Main St. East, Milton.
Noon: Doors open
12:30: speeches
1-5pm: VOTING

There are just two nominees running--Mian Abubaqr and Adam van Koeverden.

I'm supporting the nomination of Adam van Koeverden and I hope you will do the same. Milton needs good, capable and genuine candidates across all parties to ensure we have strong representation in Ottawa. The vote determines who our Liberal candidate is for Milton in the federal election this fall.

If you registered, you have a vote and your vote matters more than you realize (in 2015, the difference between candidates was just 10 votes. Imagine if just 10 more people had shown up).

If you have any difficulty getting to the meeting, let us know. We will gladly get someone to pick you up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:32 pm 

Well Mian is local since 2014 Municipal Election and works in Gov't

so I'll vote Mian for the Nomination
and
Raitt for M.P,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:45 pm 

Milton Dutch Day wrote:

and
Raitt for M.P,

Adam is also local and has lived in this riding until the boundaries were changed. The "he's not local" argument is one of the dumbest rumours being tossed around. He has lived almost his entire life here. If you want to vote based on qualifications, it's also worth noting that Mian was what I can only refer to as a failure of a president of the local federal Liberal association when the last fiasco went down. Personally, while kind of a nice guy, I suppose; I don't see Mian Abubaqr getting anything useful done for anyone.

Vote for the best person for the job, but use real arguments, not stupid arguments.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:53 pm 

HVS wrote:
Milton Dutch Day wrote:

and
Raitt for M.P,

Adam is also local and has lived in this riding until the boundaries were changed. The "he's not local" argument is one of the dumbest rumours being tossed around. He has lived almost his entire life here. If you want to vote based on qualifications, it's also worth noting that Mian was what I can only refer to as a failure of a president of the local federal Liberal association when the last fiasco went down. Personally, while kind of a nice guy, I suppose; I don't see Mian Abubaqr getting anything useful done for anyone.

Vote for the best person for the job, but use real arguments, not stupid arguments.

You can count on me to cancel out the vote of the crazy Dutchman.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 pm 

Milton Dutch Day wrote:

and
Raitt for M.P,

An attempt at strategic voting, but I don't think this is the path to set Raitt up for the easiest win. To have her square off against AvK, for reasons, would make for the best chances of winning I think. She's an experienced campaigner, and I like her chances no matter who she runs against.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:01 pm 

Hodor wrote:
HVS wrote:
Milton Dutch Day wrote:

and
Raitt for M.P,

You can count on me to cancel out the vote of the crazy Dutchman.

Thanks Hodor. Like there aren't enough idiots in the world...glad for the level-headed among us

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 am 

Like being local even means anything. This town voted for a Brampton guy in the last provincial debacle. Dutchman and his dragon pictures were probably in on that one, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:58 am 

https://www.facebook.com/amirnaeem1993/ ... 9622355606

https://www.facebook.com/amirnaeem1993/ ... 1372288431

Reading this scares the sh*t out of me. Are they brainwashed? Do they not read the negative stuff on who they support? To me, I don't think they give a crap about the community of Milton just THEIR community and what their candidate can do for them. What do you ppl see in this???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 am 

That Amir Naeem, is that the Mian Amir Naeem of our most recent Municipal elections? I don't do Facebook.

Not a new concept, it's been a feature here for the last two or more election cycles. To be self-referential: http://hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/view ... um#p509661 Anyone read that forum?

And coincidentally:
https://nationalpost.com/news/canadian- ... inghs-race
Quote:
Sanjay Jeram, a senior political science lecturer at Simon Fraser University, said race is a reality of politics, especially in diverse areas, but Wang’s comments went too far.

“Ultimately, I think the candidates have a responsibility to try to rise above and demonstrate that politics is about representing all the citizens that live in the riding, rather than a particular group, and not trying to play groups against each other.”

He said there have been many examples of parties strategizing to capture voters of a particular ethnicity, including the Conservatives under former prime minister Stephen Harper.

“The fact that she said it out loud — and brought to light something that perhaps most people are wilfully ignorant of — is the issue,” said Jeram.
“Maybe, in some ways, it might be a good thing. It might blow the lid off the fact that this has been happening for some time now.”

That lady's community outreach messaging was on WeChat, the Chinese state-owned version of FB, FB being banned there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:11 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/amirnaeem1993/posts/219289622355606

https://www.facebook.com/amirnaeem1993/ ... 1372288431

Reading this scares the sh*t out of me. Are they brainwashed? Do they not read the negative stuff on who they support? To me, I don't think they give a crap about the community of Milton just THEIR community and what their candidate can do for them. What do you ppl see in this???

The Milton Adam groupies rigged the vote to get their guy in?

From "Lord of Slime" to "Son of Slime"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:16 pm 

Friends! Let's update you about Milton!+
You know! Liberal membership list has been released and the total count is approximately 3600-3800. There were 3 candidates. Cut off date was December 16 for membership and December 12 to submit nomination papers. Adam and Azim submitted their papers the first, riding was open and Abubaqr submitted on the last day. Azim's membership base is approximately 2500. This further proves why he was pressurized to step down.
Members, do not be fooled by this staged nomination on Jan20th .
No matter what you do, on the election day liberal party will slaughter to Abubaqr and declared the final result Adam as a winner ...???.
Boycott this drama and spend your time with family !!! Happy Sunday!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next