HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:04 pm 

All Star wrote:
Hodor wrote:
You'll probably take this in an unintended way, but if you can't form arguments without resorting to name-calling and selective facts, you're not helping move us forward. Just a suggestion cause you do have legitimate points - they just get lost in the lets-make-fun-of-Trudeau circle jerk.

...... go back and read some of the personal insults, attacks, and foul language that you've posted over the years. If you ever wonder why this forum is just a shadow of what it once was, just look in the mirror.

Would you quote some of those? I don’t recall any of that happening in my 10 yrs on the forum.
I think you’re making it up or interpreting something that wasn’t typed.
Being challenged is always challenging.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:19 am 

Norts999 wrote:
Would you quote some of those? I don’t recall any of that happening in my 10 yrs on the forum.

Aww...isn't that sweet - Hodor's pals are chiming in one by one to his defense. I'm so impressed by your steadfast loyalty guys.
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to search and quote his many offensive posts as my free time is limited and my other life priorities take precedence. Unlike some people, I'm not in front of a keyboard 24/7. However, if anyone is really interested they can easily access them, although I'm sure many wont bother doing so because they already know and would fully agree with me.
I have nothing else to add to this conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:03 pm 

All Star wrote:
Norts999 wrote:

Aww...isn't that sweet - Hodor's pals are chiming in one by one to his defense. I'm so impressed by your steadfast loyalty guys.
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to search and quote his many offensive posts as my free time is limited and my other life priorities take precedence. Unlike some people, I'm not in front of a keyboard 24/7. However, if anyone is really interested they can easily access them, although I'm sure many wont bother doing so because they already know and would fully agree with me.

To be fair, you didn’t really have anything to add in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:11 pm 

All Star wrote:
Norts999 wrote:

Spoken like someone who spent 12 hrs researching his own bs and came up with nothing.
Quote one, just to get things rolling.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:33 pm 

Which one are you, All Star?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:09 pm 

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story ... in-milton/
Quote:
More than 1,000 people attend Prime Minister Justin Trudeau town hall in Milton
The event, which was hosted by Oakville MP John Oliver and Oakville North-Burlington MP Pam Damoff,

So this is interesting, with out-of-town MP's choosing our little battleground riding to hold this event. Possibly the crack of dawn for Milton to be taken seriously by "South Halton" politicians, seems it's time has come, I wonder if that will catch on. No mention of whether Adam was in attendance, but I would guess so!

How are these events publicized? How are these halls filled? I didn't receive an email from the LPC for this, are there multiple mailing lists? All l get are fundraising pleas, 2 or 3 a week.
Also interesting, and calls into question the legitimacy of these events as true cross-sectional representations of public opinion:
Quote:
Trudeau answered questions from the audience for around an hour and a half.
He was well received by the majority of those present with his answers regularly drawing applause and there were none of the outbursts or removals that have made headlines at some of his other town halls.
At the conclusion of the evening the prime minister took some time to shake hands and pose for selfies on his way out.
One topic not brought up during the event was the proposed CN Rail hub that has been a source of concern for many Milton residents.
The project is under federal jurisdiction, however, local municipalities are appealing to the courts in an effort to ensure that local laws are applied.

Very very fishy, anyone who thinks these stage shows are not illegal electioneering are idiots begging to be lied to by these hucksters. Really, not one mention of the biggest federal political story ever to happen here over dozens of questions out of a thousand + "randomly chosen citizens" over 90 minutes? They are obviously attempting to tamp that one down for the next few months any way they can. Just look at the Face of Krantz™ bottom left of the main picture. That right there tells the whole story, you can't fool him either, but he's obviously had tough choices to make here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 pm 

Yeah it really seemed like a well staged circle jerk. I found out about it the day of from a friend who lives in Mississauga.

No questions about CN Rail? Really??

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:28 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:
Yeah it really seemed like a well staged circle jerk. I found out about it the day of from a friend who lives in Mississauga.

No questions about CN Rail? Really??

Were you or your informant friend there?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:35 pm 

No but I watched about 20 minutes of it on TV. I think she found out about it through social media so not much advance notice there either. The point of mentioning the person was from Mississauga was that it seems it wasn't even well communicated here in Milton, in the local riding.

Does Stacey have any comment/insight on this?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 pm 

I’m going to bet that within the next 5 years we learn of a politician participating in an actual, literal circle jerk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7